19. And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them: Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths: then shall it be written in the Lamb's Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.
20. Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.
21. Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.
22. For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
23. But if ye receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that where I am ye shall be also.
24. This is eternal lives: to know the only wise and true God, and Jesus Christ, whom he hath sent. I am he. Receive ye, therefore, my law.
|Liber Legis 3:43-51
43. Let the Scarlet Woman beware! If pity and compassion and tenderness visit her heart; if she leave my work to toy with old sweetnesses; then shall my vengeance be known. I will slay me her child: I will alienate her heart: I will cast her out from men: as a shrinking and despised harlot shall she crawl through dusk wet streets, and die cold and an-hungered.
44. But let her raise herself in pride! Let her follow me in my way! Let her work the work of wickedness! Let her kill her heart! Let her be loud and adulterous! Let her be covered with jewels, and rich garments, and let her be shameless before all men!
45. Then will I lift her to pinnacles of power: then will I breed from her a child mightier than all the kings of the earth. I will fill her with joy: with my force shall she see & strike at the worship of Nu: she shall achieve Hadit.
46. I am the warrior Lord of the Forties: the Eighties cower before me, & are abased. I will bring you to victory & joy: I will be at your arms in battle & ye shall delight to slay. Success is your proof; courage is your armour; go on, go on, in my strength; & ye shall turn not back for any!
47. This book shall be translated into all tongues: but always with the original in the writing of the Beast; for in the chance shape of the letters and their position to one another: in these are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him not seek to try: but one cometh after him, whence I say not, who shall discover the Key of it all. Then this line drawn is a key: then this circle squared in its failure is a key also. And Abrahadabra. It shall be his child & that strangely. Let him not seek after this; for thereby alone can he fall from it.
48. Now this mystery of the letters is done, and I want to go on to the holier place.
49. I am in a secret fourfold word, the blasphemy against all gods of men.
50. Curse them! Curse them! Curse them!
51. With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross.
Could there be a better comparison than this? I'm going to argue that these excerpts are in exact parallel.
Crowley's words are a prophesy of the exaltation of humankind, couched in apocalyptic language. As in the apocalyptic writings of the hebrews, nations and institutions are represented symbolically. We now have some perspective on what he wrote here. I take the forties and the eighties decades in the 20th century, but they do have some illustrative cabalistic connotations which seem to support this assignment (see table below). They evoke images of war and burning, armies being routed, retreating. They also evoke whiteness, the names of God, and knowing God. Hitler cannot be the warrior lord of the 40's. He was defeated, and was confined to the western theater. By the eighties, he was long gone.
As in the book of revelation, the scarlet woman represents commerce, but here, it represents american capitalism. It is competition, tooth and claw, that makes it move. When we get soft, we suffer shame. Clearly, the ascent of american power has meant the spread of american style capitalism. All of the enemies of the scarlet woman have been miserably defeated. We now only await the birth of her child. I have an idea what the child is, but I will keep that to myself for now. I think it will be crystal clear by 2020 what the child represents.
We are the ones who have triumphantly put down the great evils of this world. In the forties, we defeated Hitler and Imperial Japan. We are the victors. The US is clearly the warrior lord, having triumphed on both fronts in the forties. In the eighties, the world cowered before the US. Everything went our way. Reagan defeated every enemy he confronted. Bush put Iraq, to flight. His "thousand points of light" is strongly reminiscent of Crowley's saying, "Every man and woman is a star." Our dominance will continue, as long as we maintain our basic principles of competition, greed, and materialism.
Can there be anything more american than mormonism? Crowley comments
regarding Joseph Smith:
Had any man less learning? Yet [he] attained to do his will; [he] cried his word that all the earth echoes it.This is high praise from the man who said, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Joseph had some keys for us too, referred to in 132:19. Joseph taught us how to communicate with God. Revelation is how we get to know God. It is how we become like God. Thus, Joseph gave us the key to make a god.
Crowley gave us the key to kill a god. The key in 3:47 refers to deicide. The squared circle represents god killing, like the crucifixion of Jesus. It is the mark of Cain the murderer. It is the death of the gods. We americans shall kill the gods. These gods that we kill are merely our conceptions of god. I join with Crowley to say, "curse them, curse them". This so-called Jesus, who is abused in 3:51 is a ghost, a bad conception, a false god. He must die, along with all the other false gods. This conception would be distinguished from a real person called Jesus, who saw a broken world, and tried to fix it. The only true gods are us. What need do we have of mere conceptions of god, when we ourselves know God; when we are gods ourselves? This apotheosis, the divine human, is celebrated in common by our friends Aleister and Joseph.
We talk of being "sealed up unto eternal life". Does this mean closed, chaste, virginal, like an old jar of preserves? Absolutely not! Eternal increase and seed cannot refer to a closed system, just as the virginal can have no posterity. We are gods of generation, which is his secret name. The four letters are the four base pairs of DNA. We are the benefactors of millions of years of cut throat competition. As a result, we are sealed with God's image in ourselves, like the impression of a ring in soft wax, like a sperm which transfers its identity to the egg. We see our reflections in the opposed mirrors, but it is the image of an eternally extended being, that is: We are God's reflection. It is clear that the term "sealed up" refers to a vector. We are sealed up to an expansion in all of space and time; all heights and depths. Our will is God's will. When we know God, the law is clear.
Cabalistic associations of 40's and 80's from Sepher Sepheroth
Union, an assembling